Friday, August 14, 2009

Free Audiobooks at Librivox

I'm just posting today about a service all book lovers on-the-go should know about.

At Librivox you can download all kinds of audiobooks that are in the public domain. Which if you are in the US means any book released before 1923. It is a project that is being ran by volunteers doing the recordings, most of them which are of high quality. I have used their service for years downloading anything from nonfiction essays to dramatic plays.

The volunteer base is constantly working together on bringing more audiobooks out, as their is a lot of books left to do. I have just begun contributing myself to the project. I have a page going up soon on this blog that will show all of my recordings.

But please give them a try if your looking for some free audiobooks!

http://librivox.org

No comments:

Post a Comment